Saturday, October 24, 2015

Day 18, priceless moment

On the bow, sitting atop the spinnaker bag I meditate. Hearing the soft flow of water finding its way past the hull, the sun’s warmth and brightness setting my eye lids a glow and simply breathing. Day 18. Day 18. I sit here wondering about the first two weeks a float and the 2 weeks prior and find myself with many thoughts. My mind flooded with which way to concentrate my energy, which facet I shall allow to surface, to become my center. My mind is like the burst shot on a camera…quickly flashing many incremental images. But I sit, breathing. Being at present with my present moment. Feeling the caress of wind upon the soft hairs on my face and arms, feeling nature surround my senses. Not thinking forward, not thinking backward. I like this moment. And in this moment I was not expecting to find a new realization about this trip, possibly a new way to receive this trip…other than our original reasons, which was to create a space to connect with our family, to find new deep connections with our sons, as well as, with one another. Time, during this change in scenery, that will ignite us and allow each of us to see each other anew, to possibly find in our hearts a softer connection to the beings we have become. That part of ourselves we ignored while distracted by the everyday land locked ‘normality’s’ society molds us into. Just as our boat Nemetona in Celtic means create a sacred space to connect with the divine; in our case this is the space to connect as a family. With all the months of preparing, moving, packing, and provisioning for this trip, I forgot the simplicity of my soul, the centering of my being, I was that without a center, a time not spent bettering my personal journey…but making sure. Making sure we budgeted, making sure to make enough money, making sure kids were where they needed to be, making sure we could find renters, making sure we purged un wanted stuff, making sure everything was packed, making sure I understood what was needed on the boat (having never grew up around boats), making sure bills were paid, making sure all accounts were set up for travel purposes, making sure this, making sure that. During that time, I failed to make sure I was moving forward, that I was moving in a direction organic to my being. One that internally reflected a direction akin to me. So I am happy to say….sitting on the bow today a real flash of desire to connect with my surroundings each and every day, came to me. Then the realization that this trip will exponentially facilitate that desire… lightened my heart and gave rise to a hope I did not know I needed. It is not a new desire to connect with my surroundings, it is an ever present want, but because of the hustle and bustle of land life, it does not always get realized. So the thought of being in the moment - even if ONLY for A moment, and that it can be attainable everyday just by being on this vessel; is priceless. I am excited to think on this, to meditate on this. Gaining strength from nature and allowing it to flow through my being at any given moment, gave me great joy and peace. I am so blessed to have found this thought only 18 days in…not 24, not at 180 days, but now, today. I am blessed, I am centered and it feels good.

View of the bow and the spinnaker bag in beige!




They were sooo excited.


We met in NYC - and went to the top of the world trade building on one of our first dates.


Dolphins following us!  Beautiful Nature.

Our family!


My next post will catch us up on the actual physical journey!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!