Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Bump in the road

So this winter was harsh....not just from the "Can't make progress on the boat prep when it's this cold" or "thank god my parents left me their Snow Blower when they moved to FL" aspect, but evidence from the pictures posted here show that the roads were hit hard too.

SO to add to our already fun and monotonous Car stories since October.....
We have hit another bump in the road.
Literally!
A Pot hole....not that huge, but very deep.  
Hidden by slush on a dark Wed. night heading to Cub Scouts.
BAM, Shudder, pull and a "what in the world was that...were we just in another accident??"

Did all I could to grab my composure when we pull into the parking lot of scouts and see a tow truck there hooking up a small red car.  No doubt they too hit the said pot hole.
So I went on to calm my son and explained we will know after scouts if any major damage if we see a bubble form on the outside of the tire.  
Promptly after the meeting, before getting in the car he checks the tire....no bubble that he could see.  PHEW
Next morning - after more snow....I am shoveling near the passenger tire and what do I see......
The bubble.
The Bubble
Ugh, Exhale, Breathe in. Clear head. Think clearly.
Need to wait for David to return from business trip, drive to Town Fair Tire, Replace.  Ca-ching. Done. Simple.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!